Saturday, September 4, 2010

Ordering

So I'm trying to order an Epipen Carrier for Sebastian, as the school demands he has it on him at all times.  Naturally, the quickest spot for me to purchase one, is from the company's website.  I select the color/size, and presto!  The shipping charges are only .74 cents less than the case.  Pretty soon I will be devoting this blog to entirely to outrageous shipping charges!

Subtotal: $24.95

Shipping & Handling: $24.21
Sales Tax: $0.00
Total: $49.16

I usually spend an average of 2 days seeking alternative places to purchase items from with much cheaper handling charges.  I almost did with Amazon, until I made it all the way to the end of the order and presto!

There is a slight problem with your order. (See below.)
We're sorry. This item can't be shipped to your selected destination.


Slight problem?  Not being able to ship to my destination isn't a slight problem....it IS the problem.  Luckily, I was able to vent with Laura for an hour last month, about my never ending battle with UPS, Puralator, and Canada Post. And don't even get me started on duty/custom charges.

2 comments:

Carolyn Penny said...

OMG! This makes me so angry. I go through this almost every time I want to order something online. I get to the checkout and BINGO -- the shipping charges are more or equal to the item I want to purchase. I stop there. I refuse to buy something that cost less than the amount to ship it. Why is this happening to Canadians? Our dollar is on par with the U.S. -- why are we paying more for the same thing?

Tawnya said...

That's why I appreciate your reviews. At least I know I can locate them within Canada. My B&B package arrived today so I'll see what all the fuss is about :).