Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Gone For A While....Please Stand By


Feeling worse, and documenting even more symptoms.  

I know I will look back one day and think to myself......"Damn....I wish I could have told my story in a more in depth/consistent way.  

Thoughts pop in my head, and like someone with dementia, I might remember them weeks later.   

Maybe not.  

I find myself writing everything down now...EVERYTHING.  

I don't forget things like my children's birthday's, or where I am....just what I am doing, or the direction I'm going.  

I begin to drift while driving...feeling like it's not me behind the wheel and barely focus sing on the road.  I see other cars and signs with the same clarity as the commercial with the beer glasses layered one after anther to give you an idea of what  impaired driving is like. 

I wonder about the last time I had a healthy conversation where I was present.  

Wondering how many mistakes I've made, or things I said I would do, and didn't complete.  

Not trying to intentionally put them off....just slipping from my mind.  

Wondering what people really think of me when I can't remember names, or important facts.  Do they notice?  Do they care?  Is this obvious, or have I become a master of disguise. 

No comments: