Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Amnesia

This post is bittersweet. 

10 months ago I still remembered what it was like to feel healthy, strong, and pain free.

Sometimes I awake from a dream.  

I awoke happy because I remembered  partaking in everyday activities.

Shopping, laughing, volunteering, living.

I would go about my daily routine, savoring the dream I had the night before.

Then it started to fade,

And I could only remember those feelings based on an event.

Visualizing 'the good ol' days' (whatever that even means) before I fell asleep.

Eventually, these dreams happened less.

This morning I couldn't recall a time or place.

Too many days have passed.

Kind of like getting over the love of your life (or at least you think they were).

After the loss, and calling friends you totally abandoned when you met this loser, and a couple of months, you forget why you were even sobbing??? 

I just couldn't remember.

Maybe this is good. 

Closing my entire life that chapter of my life might help me begin to move forward.

I just wrote that because it's what everyone wants to read,

And what everyone would tell me to do.

This post is bittersweet.

No comments: