Monday, December 6, 2010

Camera Blues

So the story of my camera goes something like this.  

I was one of the 'lucky' people to have a digital camera in it's 'early' stages.  

This meant that if the wind was blowing, or you were breathing while attempting to capture that special moment, your photo turned out like one of those images surfacing around the net that make you question the appearance of a ghost. 

During this time, I still was still using disposables, until David's brother Chris, gave us his old Pentax Camera.  After a few years with this one, I begged David to let me get a Canon Rebel XT.
Somehow, I convinced myself that I was going to immediately know how to fully use an SLR, and become an amazing photographer/scrapbooker.  

This was supposed to enhance my intense interest at the time. 

Anyway, we got it through the payment plan at Future Shop purchased it, but I never did learn about photo shop, nor did I take many photos.  

I mean, I took them on the regular occasions, but this wasn't taking off like I had anticipated. 

I was still operating the camera on Auto.

A few years had passed and I must have shoved the Compact Flash in quickly which misaligned the copper prongs inside.  

One very small, straight 2 mm component to this camera was now slightly bent.  

The cost to repair it?  $210.  

This sucks.  

I already missed Halloween, the first day of school, and some really cool events we attended over the summer......do I need to add Christmas 2010 to the list as well?  

We sent it away and are hoping for a miracle, saving every last penny to have this in my hands again.  

I promise I will take extra care of it, and cherish this gift this was not a gift as Future shop gives credit to anyone able to sign their name

No comments: