Friday, December 17, 2010

The Doctor Will see You Now

I cannot believe I've been keeping this to myself.  I wanted to shout to the world "I FINALLY KNOW WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME!"  

I have to back up a bit.  I was on another a quest to find the perfect doctor for our family X when I stumbled upon Dr. William La Valley. 

I was looking for someone with the clout of an M.D, but the common sense of a Naturopath so called his office, but was turned off by the dick answering the telephone.  

He was still in the back of my mind, but I did not go any further until I did some more research by checking out his ratings.  He had only 2 really great reviews so I listened to him speak with Dr. Mercola (another fav), and read more here, and here.  

Okay he was growing on me, but would he simply blow me off like everyone else has?  

Shortly after we moved, his name was in my ear again.  

He was one of two suggested professionals that saved a cousin's life, and if I could come up with the money, it would be worth my while to get an appointment.   

Ring ring.... Blah blah blah....you will send me a 15 page form to fill out? I need to have this completed and mailed back before you will book an appointment?  

Oh boy.  Alright.  So I got through the questionnaire, and with brutal honesty, used the extra pages to mention anything else that could not fit on the prior 15 pages.  

I used these to warn Dr.La Valley not to bother contacting me unless he was serious, and wasn't going to mention an antidepressant.  

Also, he had to understand that we were struggling to find the money to pay for the appointment.   

Now the wait.

Once sent, I realised my ramblings may be a teeny bit offensive.  Luckily  for me, his nurse Heather called right away and totally understood what I was going through.  

When she asked me why I wasn't already taking Nystatin, I cried.  Right then and there, like a baby.  

First of all,  there are only 2 people I can speak to that even know the role Nystatin plays.  And second, the fact this 1 hour conversation took place with Dr.La Valley's nurse (who claimed she only knew a quarter of what her boss knows) blew me away. 

I was completely awestruck for the remainder of the day.  Heather put a lot of my fears at ease and comforted me when I explained that the $200/hour consultation fee meant a lot to our family.  

This wasn't just a trip to the ATM.  

It was a night of shifting funds, returning items, and making the tough decision to not pay our Power bill.  

Still in tears, she said she would do whatever was needed to help me gain my life back.  

If it meant a payment plan, or e mailing back and forth so that I wouldn't have to make long distance phone calls, or having our consultations by phone to save on the gas money needed to drive to Chester etc.

We decided on a telephone consult.  Dr. La Valley is constantly between Texas, and Chester NS, so we had an online meeting. 

I actually preferred it over a face to face! He was calling my pharmacist and cross referencing past prescriptions with reactions I had, filling in the blanks and starting from the beginning.  

Not the beginning of MCS, but the beginning of.......are you ready for this?  LEAKY GUT....No , not this.

This

Let me share with you some of the symptoms of Leaky Gut Syndrome:

Abdominal pain  Insomnia  Bloating  Anxiety  Fevers  Hemorrhoids  Heartburn Malnutrition Migraines  Muscle cramps  Liver Dysfunction
Multiple chemical sensitivities, Brain Fatigue, Poor Memory, Constipation, Muscle Pain, 
Myofascial pain.  Poor immunity, Recurrent skin rashes, Food Allergies

Chronic Fatigue, Depression,  Sluggishness, Spasms



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow, this describes most patients I have talked with who attended the former Environmental Health Center at Waverly, NS. Now swallowed up by Capital Health it has reduced itself to a nothing as it's founder Dr. Gerry Ross told me would happen. Regaining health is a much better goal than EHC's message of learn to coexist with these miserable symptoms.
Dr. Lavalley is the real deal; intelligent; educated; academically and intellectually qualified. And with the dedicated tenacity of a pit bull when he takes on your health file.