Saturday, August 1, 2015

How Clean Eating Nearly Made Me Lose My Mind

I knew better, but didn't have the money to do better. 

Uh Oh.

This part was never mentioned in the books.

I know I have to do some upkeep so things don't fall apart...
Looking back, I realize....they already had.

I convinced myself that I had it covered, and just 'fell' of the wagon.
Our family became accustomed to a healthy lifestyle.
I suppose I thought the money would simply come...
To those who truly wanted to change.

What was I thinking?
That sentence above is a good indication of how fragile my mental state was.

I quickly became overwhelmed by information overload.
How would I extract what is useful and helpful to me?
Stumbling upon lots of contradicting information.
These articles weren't telling me to ditch aspartame (we all know this).
All of a sudden, real, wholesome foods were being demonized.
The more I read, the more confusing this all seemed.

Didn't I just write about the miracle of GAPS and the Anti Candida diet?
Were these not supposed to make all poverty and world hunger my problems go away?
Why in the heck was I still depressed if I completely stopped eating sugar?
Did this gut/brain connection not apply to me?
Which way is up?

The growing movement for extreme ways of eating was causing great torment.
Leaders of each dietary religion declared their method to be the ONLY road to optimum health.

Everywhere I turned there were articles on what to eat, and what to avoid.
Dairy will kill you!  Meat will kill you!  Grains will kill you!

This was never easier and I will most likely struggle with food for the rest of my life used to be easier. 

It was now quite difficult.

My relationship with food turned sour.

No comments: