Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Why Money Matters When Going Green

You're high on life!
Juicing (and obviously posting photos on Facebook).
Making bone broth, and asking others for kefir grains.
Buying kegs of coconut oil.
Home made laundry detergent and body care products.
Like a sponge.....sucking up every little bit of information you read.
You can do ANYTHING!
The books tell you so.
Your naturopath tells you so.

I'm amazed and inspired too.
It's different, but empowering.
Taking charge of my own health.
This feeling should never end.

Until it does.

The money runs out and you are literally declined from health.

Slowly....those nicely formed healthy habits become memories.
You take a shortcut one night in an effort to save a buck.
The next time you don't pick up that supplement.
Before you know it...
Your fridge and shelves look like an abandoned home on The Walking Dead.
I keep almost empty bottles to reassure myself that it's 'not so bad'.
And take comfort in the fact I can say I 'did it'.

Like waking up from a coma, I remembered the ease in my old ways.
Blinders up, buy anything, saving money.
Ignorance was pure bliss!  

Why would anyone want to live any other way?

Because when you know better, you do better.

Why would I not show myself a tad bit of grace?

I Crashed.....and there's more.

No comments: