Saturday, January 15, 2011

Be Careful What You Wish For

Did you like my recent uplifting posts?  

I hope you enjoyed them because that was totally exhausting.  

I don't know how all of you do it each day.  

Smiling, and using the word 'blessed' every 5 minutes.  

Time to exit Fairyland and get back to work.  

I never quite figured out how to balance contentment/bliss with activism/being a realist. 

I've tweaked the mouthy/no nonsense part of me and decided to no longer engage (in a pro active manner) parents who weren't on the same page. 

This took up an insane amount of time.  

Instead, I can now overlook the fact that we may be in the same situation, just choosing to handle it differently.  

And by differently I mean....How in the hell can you sit there and do nothing?  

Simple chat, cheerful smiles and some pleasant hello's are where I'm at now.  

It's much easier, and I come across as friendly, care-free, stay at home mom.

Now for the reveal..... are you ready for the total?  

$574.00  

That's what my optional they are not optional...just something people say when they know you cannot afford them and don't want to diminish your spirits monthly supplements are going to cost. 

The only living being I can talk to about my health Dr. LaValley's nurse and my new BFF Heather and I have worked out an arrangement so that I can at least have some relief before March. Until I find the money needed to optimize my outlook, I am just going to be following the low fermentation protocol, while beginning Nystatin, Dr.Ohirra's Probiotics, and L-Glutamine Powder.  

Once I can get up to 1/4 teaspoon of the Nystatin without Herxheimer's Reaction....and maintain it, I can begin Fluconazole (Diflucan). 

This, in itself, will provide much needed relief, and the four come to the grand total of $398.98.  

I'm okay with this (not the $398.98....just the starting slow part).  

It is going to be a big enough adjustment without worrying about the dosages of additional supplements and the cost of purchasing them.  My local pharmacy doesn't carry talc free Nystatin, so I will have to get it shipped.....grrrrrrrr.

You will be happy to know that I'm no longer focusing on what I cannot eat.  I started thinking of all of he foods I can have every day.  I've got a big list, and I enjoy everything on it.  

This is one of those cases where I will have to play the 'glass is half full' game.  

Another thing I had to remind myself is that I've made statements time and time again, only to get passed them, get over it, and look back wondering why I was even stressed out in the first place????  Examples include, but are not limited to:

I never thought I could administer a needle.
I never thought I could stop drinking juice.
I never thought we could survive in this apartment.
I never ever ever ever thought I could discontinue the use of mascara, lipstick, blush, and deodorant.

You get the drift.  I work myself into such a frenzy thinking about what I cannot do....while time and time again, always make it through.....no prayer needed ;o.

No comments: