Saturday, October 1, 2011

Goodbye Hilden, Hello Bible Hill


We've moved !!!!!!!! 

To a deluxe apartment in the sky a three bedroom duplex?  

That's right, you heard me......three bedrooms!  

Don't get ahead of yourself, you haven't seen the photos yet.  

It's not high end or anything, just has three bedrooms, and lots of storage.   

It feels like I just shared the same news a year ago.

Oh that's right, I did say we moved 12 months ago, and didn't let one post go by where I didn't make reference to that moldy, musty basement. 

Well we've still got a damp basement (where we sleep), and have a room where the kids play games while sitting on my beloved Walmart computer chair, a broken rocking chair, and one of those spectator fold up chairs until we can afford a futon rec room.

While there are kids on the street for the kids to play with, they are not the most desirable. 

Listen to me acting all uppity, like my Acadia University hat with holes in it gives me the right to snub others on this street. 

Our slumlord landlord thinks he knows everything and is charge of the repairs around these units.  

We have a lot of spots where the floor just turn into a ramp.  

They really cheaped out with the lighting in here.  

Every room is accented with  fixtures that look like this but older, uglier, dirtier, and rustier.


atla032608-ceilinglamp02.jpg



I had big plans to find the most amazing dresser on Kijiji for $20, spray paint it to match the bed I would have already spray painted, and give Nadia the room she deserves. 

For now, we're content that she's off the floor and in the bed I purchased for $30.  I still don't have curtains up in her room, or the rec room.....or the kitchen.......

Holy shit, I really need to work on the window treatments around here.   Also, now that I think of it.....maybe we aren't much different from the people on this street :).

No comments: