Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Day 24

Really trying to stay caught up with blog posts so I will have these memories to cherish forever don't forget  every last detail I just know you look forward to reading.  

First and foremost, I'm still alive.  

This in itself is HUGE, considering the first two weeks were brutal. 

A lot of disorientation, cramps, nausea, and more head pain.  

I don't know what made me think I could ease through my prescriptions and dramatic food habits/changes as so many before me did with ease. 

I pretty much call The Doctor's office once a week asking when will this all end?  

Hmmmm....I'm trying to think of a way to describe this for non Leaky Gut sufferers.....okay I got it.

You know when you are having the best sleep of your life in a bed with fresh sheets, room not too hot or cold, that perfect point of bliss.....and then someone comes into your room and wakes you suddenly because you are late for an appointment?

You wake up, and don't have the time to figure out if its a dream, or what day it is, or what time it is.....you just get up and know you need to do stuff but your brain has not caught up with your motor abilities.  

This is my new everyday.  Not the whole scenario....just that feeling.  

So that's 1 symptom of the overall experience when eliminating all forms of sugar.  

The next symptom is the dreaded Herxeimer Reaction as the yeast die off.  

I hate this one.  

My body cannot tolerate even a trace amount of Nystatin (dipping a butter knife 1 cm in the powder and tapping off the excess).  

As I am typing this, I made yet another phone call and it was decided to alter the dosage again.  

Tonight before bed I am tasking 1/8 tsp which is like 2 litres in Nystatin terms.  

Hopefully I will just sleep off whatever comes my way.  Even though I can't tolerate the trace amounts, and will definitely pay for all of this, our hope is that the even more pain pain is short lived (hopefully a week). 

While taking trace amounts is nice, all I am really doing is teasing the yeast. 

They...it,...whatever you refer to yeast as, don't fear that little bit. 

Some are packing up , but most have taken up permanent residence :(.  

The third and final symptom is old faithful chemical sensitivity. 

This drastic lifestyle change doesn't mean I can enter Walmart just yet.  If anything, the sensitivity reactions are heightened.  I used to have reactions and scurry home.  Now I have to scurry home AND wash my body, and all clothing.  

The cravings aren't gone yet.  I still dream of particular foods, and really miss fruit.  Taking things day by day, and filling what little parts of my brain that are working, with these two books. Change Your Brain Change Your Life and The Brain That Changes ItselfI'm feeling miserable again so it's time to summarize..... 

~David was hospitalized for a heart condition that we are still trying to find answers about
~This Friday X is being treated holistically (second time ever)
~One of the treatments used will be the Masgutova Method (first time ever)
~I'm turning into a ball of skin.
~Slowly getting over the fact that I have to touch, smell, and cook extremely yummy dishes, but cannot eat them myself 
~Our family life remains hectic, chaotic, and emotionally charged. 
~The love of my life remains supportive, strong, and funny. 


No comments: